Risk Advisory Services
Summary of Experience
Dan is a partner with over 24 years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting, financial reporting and systems auditing. Dan is a leader in our Internal Audit and Controls practice. He has a strong background in establishing internal audit functions, operational and process auditing, internal control consulting, risk assessment, information systems, and financial and regulatory reporting.
- Establishes and manages internal audit functions for clients; including developing and completing the audit plan, reporting audit results, and recommending internal control structure improvements.
- Leader in internal audit risk assessment and evaluation projects to identify areas in which to expend audit resources most effectively and efficiently
- Leads McGladrey’s quality control efforts regarding SSAE 16 (previously known as SAS70) and other third party assurance reports.
- Fourteen years of experience with a “Big 4” firm. Performed Sarbanes-Oxley attest work for SEC clients. Performed Sarbanes-Oxley readiness work on behalf of SEC clients
- Six years of experience with Household International (now part of HSBC) relating to their bank, credit card, consumer finance and commercial lending operations.
- Leads teams completing information technology audits, including general computer controls, application controls and effectively completing integrated financial audits.
- Leader in performing quality assurance reviews of internal audit departments to improve efficiency and effectiveness and to determine adherence to standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Leader in business process reviews which focus on all aspects of the control structure including systems, operational, financial and compliance concerns from both an efficiency and effectiveness viewpoint. Benchmarking of internal control effectiveness.
Professional Affiliations and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Served as Board Member, Vice President of Education and Vice President of Operations for the Chicago Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors as well as on the Institute of Internal Auditors IIA International Membership Committee
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, Masters of Business Administration, Finance
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting